Hemas Pharmaceuticals (Pvt) Ltd and Morison Limited of Hemas
Group partnered with Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians to tackle malnutrition through Feed a Child
Community initiative. With the mission of tackling the severe issues faced by young children due to
poor dietary patterns against the backdrop of rising food inflation, Hemas has committed to distribute
dry ration packs every fortnight to 150 families in the rural areas of Anuradhapura District for a
period of six months. Joining this initiative alongside the Hemas Group is the Family Health Bureau,
several other like-minded corporates, and other non-profit organisations. As many Sri Lankan families
are fighting to make ends meet on a daily basis Hemas turned its attention to the young children of Sri
Lanka who are facing malnutrition due to the ever-rising cost of a balanced diet.
Going beyond the provision of these ration packs, the initiative also intends to equip these families with proper nutritional education so that they will have a sound understanding on the importance of nutrition among growing children. One such example is the introduction of budget friendly nutritional recipes to be used for their daily food preparations.
Progress of this project will be regularly monitored by the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians to ascertain the results and impact of the same. After the successful completion of the project’s first phase, Hemas has expressed its intention to continue to empower these families to live a better life, resulting in a better tomorrow by uplifting their livelihoods through a sustainable family empowerment framework.
Hemas Holdings PLC
Established in 1948 Hemas started with a simple intent: to help families live healthfully. This core belief has informed our growth for over 70 years. Today, we bring healthful living to life through our focus on Consumer Brands, Healthcare and Mobility. Woven into the socio-economic fabric of Sri Lanka, Hemas has also expanded regionally with operations in Bangladesh. In our onward journey, we will continue to invest in diverse and passionate teams, create meaningful offerings, cultivate trusted partnerships, and champion a more inclusive world, to create a positive impact for all our stakeholders.
L to R
- Keith Dabare - Brand and Purpose Architect, Group Corporate Affairs - Hemas Holdings PLC.
- Prof. Asvini D Fernando - Council Member and Chair of Child Protection Committee of Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians.
- Prof. Guwani Liyanage - President Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians.
- Kasturi Chellaraja Wilson - Group Chief Executive Officer- Hemas Holdings PLC.
- Kavishan Dissanayake - Senior Manager Business Development - Hemas Pharmaceuticals (Private) Limited.
- Janakie Karunaratne – Director Group Corporate Affairs - Hemas Holdings PLC.
- Yohan Wickramasinghe - General Manager – Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing - Morison Limited.
- Prof. Deepthi Samarage - Treasurer Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians.